ART CLUB - Interested students from grades 6-8 (maximum 25 students, on a first come basis) will be accepted. The Club meets in the Art Room Wednesday's 2:30-3:15.
CHOIR - Students in grades 1-8 are invited to lift your voice and sing with the NDA Choir! Students will prepare music to sign at the Wednesday morning school masses and a variety of community events throughout the school year. Contract Laura Lawless with any questions at email@example.com. The Club meets in the South Buffalo School of Music Classroom Tuesday's from 3:30 - 4:00 pm.
THE MORNING CLUB - Students wishing to do homework, study or read books are welcome to join the morning club that meets promptly at 7:15 am daily. At 7:35 am students will be taken to their homeroom or the breakfast program. Please complete the registration form and return to the office.
STREAM -The Diocese of Buffalo STREAM Academy courses provide creative, hands-on opportunities for students:Focus on inquiry, creativity, complex thinking and FUN! Emphasize STREAM education learning are and nurtures the innate curiosity of every child.Provides a runway for our next generation of believers, innovators, scientists and leaders.
- ARCADE ACADEMY: 5th - 8th grade (12 spots available) A Home Run! Loads of Creative Fun! Based on “Caine’s Arcade,” this course invites students to design and build fun and engaging arcade games made from cardboard, recycled materials and imagination.
- KITCHEN CHEM: 4th -6th grade (14 spots available) An introduction to food preparation is a way to reinforce and teach subjects like science, math, and reading, and provide a fun, hands-on way to introduce young students to other life skills such as budgeting, problem- solving, grocery shopping and more! In addition to food preparation, some of the things students will learn about are the origins of food, healthy food choices, and not only how to achieve accurate measurements, but why it is so essential to the final outcome of a recipe. Food tastings and identification, as well as safe kitchen practices will be emphasized.
- KITCHEN CHEM: Baking 5th -8th grade (20 spots available) An introduction to measurements, baking and decorating of baked goods. Students will learn a variety of decorating techniques and how to use the “tools of the trade” to create delicious and beautiful desserts.
- LEGO-U: 2nd – 3rd Grade (12 spots available) Bring abstract concepts to life with a fun, hands-on approach that really engages students. LEGO® bricks turn numbers, words, and ideas into real models that can be touched, described, and innovated across all subject areas! Each week, the students will undertake a design challenge connected to topics taught at the primary level in ELA, Science, S.S., Religion, or Math utilizing LEGO® bricks. They will also have opportunities to present and share, strengthening their presentation skills!
- PEAP - 1st - 3rd Grade: (20 available spots) Assist Goldilocks as she improves the design on that broken chair and makes it “just right.” PEAP brings the engineering design process to our youngest learners. This Academy course adapts the engineering design process to meet the needs of our favorite fairy tale characters. These familiar and timeless stories encourage students to begin problem solving, generate design proposals, collaborate, and make connections to the enchantment of engineering!